Super 8 (No Processing)
In this one-day workshop, you will learn the basics of Super 8, how to shoot on 50ft Kodak B&W Reversal film stock and lastly, how to hand develop using a pre-loaded Lomo Tank.
This Super 8 workshop entails:
- A brief screening and discussion of work made using Super 8, focusing on its aesthetic qualities and flexibility of shooting
- Participants will learn the basics of loading, using and maintaining a Super 8 Camera
- Participants will then each shoot on one 50 ft roll of Kodak B&W Reversal film stock in nearby Olympic Park
- After the shoot, participants will split into two groups to develop one small lomo (25ft) tank each, not of their own film, but film that has been pre-loaded into the tank
- At the end of the workshop participants can take away their unprocessed film and are invited to process in the n/n lab by appointment
For the shooting portion of the day, you are encouraged to bring any colour filters, gels or objects to film through (bottles, plastic bags, sheets, etc.).
not/nowhere has basic Super 8 camera models which will be available to use; no personal camera is required, but participants may bring their own cameras if they so wish.
No experience necessary.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about accessibility.
2 Warton House, 150 Stratford High Street, E15 2NE
Step free access and wheelchair accessible toilets available.
Underground: Stratford | DLR: Stratford High Street, Pudding Mill Lane, Bow Church | Bus: 25, 108, 276, 425, D8 (Stop M / Stop L)