Super 8 (2 day)
- Date: Fri 30 August & Sat 31 August
- Time: 10.00am–1.00pm & 2.00pm–5.30pm
Fee: £100 / Concession: £
Spaces: 5 / Concession:
- Facilitated by: Jennifer Martin + Rabz Hama-Lansiquot
In this two-day workshop, you will learn the basics of Super 8, how to shoot on 50ft Kodak B&W Reversal film stock, how to hand-develop using a Lomo Tank and lastly, experiment with splicing and tinting techniques.
On Day 1:
- A brief screening and discussion of work made using Super 8, focusing on its aesthetic qualities and flexibility of shooting
- Participants will learn the basics of loading, using and maintaining a Super 8 Camera
- Participants will then shoot in nearby Olympic Park, using one 50 ft roll per participant of Kodak B&W Reversal film stock
On Day 2:
- We will hand-develop the film together using Lomo Tanks provided
- Participants will experiment with Splicing and Tinting techniques
- Lastly, we will project and view each film on not/nowhere's Super 8 Projector
For the shoot on day 1, you are encouraged to bring any colour filters, gels or objects to film through (bottles, plastic bags, sheets, etc.).
not/nowhere has basic Super 8 camera models which will be available to use; no personal camera is required, but participants may bring their own cameras if they so wish.
No experience necessary.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about accessibility.
2 Warton House, 150 Stratford High Street, E15 2NE
Step free access and wheelchair accessible toilets available.
Underground: Stratford | DLR: Stratford High Street, Pudding Mill Lane, Bow Church | Bus: 25, 108, 276, 425, D8 (Stop M / Stop L)