Basic Bolex H16
- Date: Sat 25 May
- Time: 10.00am–3.30pm
Fee: £100 / Concession: £60
Spaces: 3 / Concession: 1
- Facilitated by: Rhea Storr
In this one-day workshop, you will get an introduction to 16mm film using the Bolex H-16 Reflex Camera. You’ll explore some key creative features of the Bolex, how to load the camera and how to expose film correctly.
During the workshop you will learn:
- How to operate a Bolex H16
- Metering and exposure using a calibrated light meter
- Frame rate, shutter speed and their effect on movement cadence and exposure
- Optics and the effect of f-stop on depth of field and exposure
- Experimental techniques such as stop-motion and double exposure
- Indoor and outdoor shooting
We will take a trip around the nearby Olympic Park with our cameras and 100ft each of B&W 16mm film stock. If you have any accessibility requirements, then please let us know.
Fee includes the cost of 100ft of film stock and cost of development, which is subsidised by not/nowhere.
No experience necessary.
2 Warton House, 150 Stratford High Street, E15 2NE
Step free access and wheelchair accessible toilets available.
Underground: Stratford | DLR: Stratford High Street, Pudding Mill Lane, Bow Church | Bus: 25, 108, 276, 425, D8 (Stop M / Stop L)